Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy (a.k.a. low-level or soft laser therapy) is a non-intrusive/non-toxic procedure that offers pain relief by delivering photons to cells to transform damaged cells into healthy cells. Other benefits include increased cell growth, increased metabolic activity, faster wound healing, anti-inflammatory action, increased vascular activity, reduced fibrous tissue formation and stimulated nerve function.
Nose to Toes to Tails
What to expect from Companion Therapy Laser Treatments
- Most chronic conditions require up to 4 or 5 treatments in order to see a 50% improvement in mobility and pain reduction.
- Some pets do respond positively to one treatment, but most DO NOT.
- The treated site feels better 12 to 24 hours after treatment.
- As with any therapy, keep your pet quiet until all treatments are complete.
- Non-Surgical treatments should be done every other day for one week, then twice the following week, then once the following week, with maintenance treatments every 4 to 12 weeks.
- Non – Orthopedic Surgical treatments should be done immediately after surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgical treatments should be done immediately after surgery, then at 24 hours and 48 hours after surgery. Then treat the site every other day for the 2 week period after surgery. (About 6 treatments).
- Definite improvements should be seen the second week
- Treatments are cumulative in nature.
- Length of treatments and frequency of treatment improve outcomes.
To learn more, visit www.paininthepast.com
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us
Sunday Urgent Care Clinic
7 Days a Week
By Appointment Only
Monday thru Friday:
8:00 am to 7:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Back Mountain Veterinary Hospital
105 West Center Hill Rd
Dallas, PA 18612